Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Corny, but Cute!

ok, ok.. I couldn't resist this one.


Stolen from the pages of Hello, Cupcake YET AGAIN.... I used a bag of assorted yellow jelly beans, a few more yellow starbursts, and some black decorating sugar to replicate their cupcake-on-the-cob.
Theirs, of course, came out better then my first stab over here.. but seriously. this was too easy to be this cute. and like I said.. for my first try.. they're pretty believable.
Next time I try these, I will for sure use less frosting, and work on the spacing of the jelly beans better... try to get it spaced better.
I could totally see these as a fun thing to bring to a summer BBQ. or a thanksgiving/autumn treat if I were to use darker jelly beans.. (like making Indian Corn) and try to find something to replicate some husks. but hey.. if you like lemon... these are just a cute way to pay homage to corn!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Good think I like you Carrie or I'd be annoyed at your continued cake creativity.