Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lemon Cookies

I practiced using flavoring in the icing, as well as decorative techniques in this batch. The cookies themselves were a bit hard... a result of too much flour, I think. you can see 'layers' in the cookie from a side view.

I tried to do a more appealing plating/different camera angles for this batch as well... as seen from the complimenting colors and props. I feel the fancier background makes the cookies look that much more 'lemony'.

attempted to create the pulpy -slash- textured look. Used a paintbrush for that effect.

overall.. I would re-attempt these again. think with more experience and a better cookie base, these could be very nice as summer gifts.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

SO sparkley!

not sure if that's even spelled right.. but for this batch I experimented with dusting powder.

funny thing about that stuff... a little goes a lonnnnnng way. They say to mix powder with vodka and 'paint' on. I think for this group I used too much vodka, or applied the glitter too soon, as I lost some of the icing's shape, or the colors bled a little. next time, need to wait for the icing to be harder. or not be a Neanderthal with the paint brush.

here were some butterflies and flowers I made: