Now that Rhena is older and really wants to HELP with everything.. and Danny is mobile (read has free reign of the downstairs so I'm a walking stress bucket) it's a bit harder just to decide I want to make cookies and get to baking.
step one--- get those cookies BAKED!
This particular batch has taken a total of three days to complete. one day I made the dough, the next rhena and I rolled, cut and baked... yesterday I layed the base icings, and just today I finished the details. oh. I guess that's FOUR days.
bases done... time for the finishing touches!
no matter. the best part of sugar cookies is that they keep extremely well; especially when stored in the tupperware.
for practicality, I tried to keep it simple. only 2 different shapes/cutters, and only 4 colors of icing.
plated up for a nice final picture. Happy St Patrick's Day!
Lessons learned: I need to watch how much water I add back in to the icing to thin it out for flooding. I noticed that when the larger shamrocks dried, there was some inconsistencies in the color over the cookie. This is most noticeable in the dark colors. This batch was just for fun, and I'd like to think my friends will eat them just the same... but it's definitely something I need to be a little more careful about going forward.